ohh i want to live here
Travis Garland - Second try
There’s this place in Ireland where every 2 years, the stars line up with this trail on June 10th-June 18th. It’s called the Heaven’s Trail.
I hate to burst everyone’s bubble here, but I can count five reasons miniumum why this is impossible.
- If a stellar alignment occurs at all, it occurs a minimum of once per year. It cannot occur every two years. In fact, they almost always occur twice per year, the only stellar alignments that truly occur only once per year are the solstices.
- If this occurs from June 10th to June 18th, it would also occur on June 22nd to June 30th, because, after the summer solstice, the stars repeat their patterns in reverse.
- Ireland is substantially in the northern hemisphere. For the milky way to be straight up and down like this in June, it would have to be very near the equator.
- There’s also no way to see stars so near the horizon especially with clouds in the air. So this is, at the very least, a composite of two photographs.
- The caption says it’s in Ireland, but it isn’t raining *BURN*
The world is intensely wonderful and beautiful and we don’t need to make stuff up…though I have nothing against fantasy, I do dislike bad science.